Arctic Sounds 2019
18 April – 22 April
What is Arctic Sounds?
- An annual music festival in Sisimiut, Greenland showcasing original artists from the Nordic countries (Greenland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Åland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) as well as artists from Inuit Nunangat (Nunavut, Nunavik, Nunatsiavut and NunatuKavut)
- A framework for co-creation, collaboration, mutual inspiration, networking, talks and meetings under the headline NORDIC PLAYGROUNDS. The philosophy is based on a playful approach to serious work
- A unique opportunity to experience the breathtaking Greenlandic landscapes and the people inhabiting it. Arctic Sounds offers exclusive dogsledding, snowmobiling, skiing and sailing trips in collaboration with local outfitters and tour operators for festival guests, artists and network collaborators alike
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere, and a laid back attitude to the ever-changing conditions of nature and it’s power over the day-to-day conduction of the festival
- A passionate and committed non-profit volunteer driven organisation that works tirelessly around the clock to provide the best possible experience for all visitors
- A comprehensive program for development of skills and encouragement of education within the field of culture among our volunteers
- An organization bridging the gap between Greenland and the other Nordic countries to strengthen interest for Greenlandic music in the world through focused network building and information on what’s happening in the Greenlandic music scene
We are looking forward to welcoming both artists, NORDIC PLAYGROUNDS participants, network- and co-creation partners, guests and audience for another awesome Arctic Sounds festival!
Follow us on Facebook for latest news.
Arctic Sounds 2019: April 18th – 22nd, with NORDIC PLAYGROUNDS starting on april 12th.
Want to play at Arctic Sounds 2020?
Nordic Playgrounds is a collection of activities that strive to balance a playful approach to serious collaboration with targeted social events and network meetings.
In 2019 we feature playgrounds in these fields:
- Network development
- Recording and music production
- Electronic music
- Music and the media
- Songwriting / co-writing
- Event management
There will also be excellent opportunities for getting out in the back country by snowmobile or dogsled and experience the extraordinary greenlandic nature firsthand.
Dates are: April 12th – april 18th
Come join us for an unforgettable and productive time 🙂
Follow us on Facebook
Venues at Arctic Sounds Festival
Arctic Sounds Festival Sponsors
A million thanks to our sponsors, without whom none of this would be possible!
Countdown to Arctic Sounds 2019